Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Homemade Chicken Stock

I love making my own chicken stock. It does make cooking easier, faster and healthier than using the shining wrapped chicken cube. I have tried several recipes but I love the one from Jamie Oliver's recipe.

Ingredients:

2 kg raw higher-welfare chicken carcasses, legs or wings chopped
½ head garlic, unpeeled and bashed
5 sticks celery, roughly chopped
2 medium leeks, roughly chopped
2 medium onions, roughly chopped
2 large carrots, roughly chopped
3 bay leaves2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
5 sprigs of fresh parsley
5 sprigs of fresh thyme
5 whole black peppercorns
6 litres cold water

I usually substitute the fresh herbs with dried ones and added whole Chinese celery ( daun sup) as well. Put everything in and cook it for at least 2 hours. Once cool, I will transfer it to small containers and freeze them.


For the chicken, i used leftover roasted chicken from a few days back. I kept it in the freezer. 
Roasted chicken does gives a richer flavour to your stock. I don't even have to add any salt in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment